Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tried and True-Thing One and Thing Two Cupcakes!

So, my friend and I are doing a tap duet this year that is Thing 1 and Thing 2, nicknames we use in the studio. For her birthday, I decided to make cupcakes to go with this theme! Take a look:
Adorable, right? They were simple to make, too! I made brownies in red cupcake liners (you could really make any type of cake, too, it doesn't matter) and then added the signs to the front (you can find the link to the ones that I used here). Then, I frosted them with a thin layer of leftover vanilla buttercream and added some blue cotton candy to the top for hair! The brand that I used (Fluffy Stuff) didn't pop up as much as I'd have hoped, so I would probably make these with a different kind next time. The only other issue I had with them was that the cotton candy melted by the time I delivered the cupcakes (I didn't have time to go home, so I had to bring them and let them sit out for 2 hours...understandable that they melted, though, it's cotton candy.) Anyways, they were super cute and my friend loved them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment