Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tried and True-Pumpkin Cupcakes

Today's Sunday afternoon project: pumpkin cupcakes! The original recipe calls for salted caramel frosting (which, by the way, I will be making eventually!), but I still had some leftover frosting from last week's apple pie cupcakes (which refrigerates really well, actually), so I used that up and then made some of our family friend's recipe for vanilla buttercream (recipe follows). The results? Great!
The recipe said that it would make about 18 cupcakes, but I actually got 28 out of it! Practically a record for me, since I'm known for making jumbo baked goods that only yield about 1/2 of what the recipe is supposed to! Anyways, they baked about 20 minutes and came out great! I frosted some with cinnamon and some with vanilla frostings and topped them with fall colored nonpareils for some extra color. Take a look!
Not the best pictures, I know, but I took them with my phone since I can't find my camera. Anyways, they came out great and were a perfect fall treat! You can find the recipe here!

Vanilla Buttercream Recipe:
1 cup butter (softened)
3 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
Beat to combine, adding more milk to thin as needed and more sugar to taste (if necessary).

No comments:

Post a Comment