Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Summertime Favorite--Fresh Peach Shortcake

After a family trip to the orchard today, we came back with tons of fresh peaches. If you ask me, there's no better way to enjoy them than in a peach shortcake! Here's my somewhat "homemade" version:
--Shortcake: Just use the recipe on the back of the Bisquick box for strawberry shortcakes (just the shortcake, nothing else, obviously).
--Peaches: Cut up some peaches (about 1 per person) into whatever size slices you'd like. Put them all in a big bowl and toss with some granulated sugar (I used 5 medium-large peaches and 1/4 cup of sugar). Put them in the fridge and you should end up with some easy sugared peaches---to die for!
--Whipped Cream: You could always use your favorite store-bought brand, but I have to say that with such an easy recipe, you might as well stretch your time a little farther to make some homemade whipped cream. I haven't made mine yet, but I just Googled "whipped cream recipe" and found this: Click here. Trust me, I'll let you know if it's not worthy of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Baker! It may help to put your beaters and bowl in the freezer for a while before you start.
Anyways, just split open the shortcakes, add some peaches, and topped with some whipped cream! It's such a great summertime dessert, I guarantee nobody will be able to resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment